Shopping Cart Support
Setting Up Custom URL
Setting Up a Custom URL for your Internet Store
When you first set up your Online Store, it will have a URL generated by GoEmerchant. For example, it may look like http://luckyslemonadestand.goemerchant-stores.com. If you'd like to change it to a custom URL, such as luckyslemonadestand.com, see the instructions below:
- You must first purchase the domain name from a Domain Name Provider such as www.register.com. You must also use a hosting service such as register.com or www.godaddy.com to store your website data on a server. If you need assistance with this step, contact your website hosting provider's support department.
- Once your custom domain name is set up, view the DNS Configuration for the domain you'd like to use for your store's URL.
- Obtain the IP address of your internet store. To do so, visit a site such as this, and enter your store's original URL (in this example, this would be http://luckyslemonadestand.goemerchant-stores.com). Ping it, and you should receive the IP address of your store.
- In your hosting account add an A Record to point to your desired new store URL, such as store.<YOUR DOMAIN HERE>.com. The IP address should be set to the pinged IP address from step 3. If you need assistance with this step, contact your website hosting provider's support department.
- Log into your Online Store Manager.
- Go to Settings General Store Settings.
- Scroll down to the Store URL section at the bottom of the page.
- In the Store URL field, enter the new URL for your store.
NOTE: Do not change the Secure URL, unless your hosting service also provides a secure URL with SSL certificate.
- Click Save Changes.