Transaction Center & VPOS Support
How to Run a Voice Authorization
You may receive a Hold-Call or Voice Op response when attempting to run a transaction. This means that you need to do perform a Voice Authorization to manually verify the transaction. Below are the steps to do so:
- Log into your transaction center
- Go to Virtual Terminal Authorize (eCommerce, Retail or MOTO) Transactions
- Select Voice Authorization from the dropdown menu as the Type of Authorization
- Enter the order information including Order ID, amount, transaction type, etc.
- For the authorization code, you must call the voice authorization center for the appropriate credit card type, and get the code from them when they approve the transaction.
- Phone number for Visa/MasterCard: (800) 228-1122
- Phone number for American Express: (800) 528-2121
- Phone number for Discover: (800) 347-1111
When you call, they will require your merchant account number (which can be found in Main Options View/Edit MID/TIDs. It is in the MID column), the credit card number and expiration date of the card to be processed, and the purchase amount.
- Enter any billing and additional information that is desired and/or required.
- Click Submit